The Ingram Police Department believes in operating our department with a focus on preventing crime in a respectful matter, demonstrating that everyone matters, and building trust with the citizens we are sworn to protect.
Ingram is located at 30°4′37″N 99°14′15″W (30.076903, -99.237367), on the Guadalupe River in the Texas Hill Country.
This is seven miles (11 km) west of Kerrville and 63 miles (101 km) northwest of San Antonio. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.3 square miles (3.4 km2),.
Six Acres on the Guadalupe River was sold to J.C.W. Ingram, who in 1879 opened a store and post office. The town was named for him. At the same time a Mr. Morris donated a tract of land for the establishment of a public school and church. This was the beginning of our town.
An interesting side note, the Main Street in Ingram was originally part of the Old Spanish Trail. The Spanish Trail was used in the early days to drive cattle, hogs, goats, and sheep through town and into Kerrville for markets in San Antonio.